Jewelry does not only add confidence and enhances a woman’s sexy mood but it also simply makes her look a lot more adorable. These days, there are many types of jewelry that are made of different materials. Some are made of gold, silver, platinum and so on. No matter what it is made of, though, handling these pieces properly does not only retain their sheen but it makes them last longer, too.
Below are simple ways on how to take good care of your jewelry:
- Never go to bed without taking off the tiniest piece of jewelry you have on.
- Choose a jewelry box with soft cloth lining in it.
- If you do not have a jewelry box, you can use a tissue or a soft cloth to protect your jewelry from scratches or dust.
- Always remove your ring when washing your hands or handling strong chemicals. If you are wearing a ring made of gold, be careful to keep away from chlorine as this is the number one household chemical that can cause cracks, albeit gold jewelry of 18 karats up is more averse to be influenced.
- Utilize suitable jewelry and gemstones cleaning agents. There are many cleaning agents explicitly made for jewelry. Avoid using chlorine, vinegar, baking soda or any other agents because although these may those pieces shine, they can diminish the overall integrity of the jewelry.
- After a sweaty activity like jogging, walking, or working out, remove your jewelry and clean it using a soft-bristled brush with lukewarm water to remove sweat and dust.
- If you do not have a cleaning solution for jewelry, you can use a mild detergent or dilute a small amount of rubbing alcohol with lukewarm water. Again, a cleaning solution specifically made for jewelry is always better too because this will help retain those pieces’ luster aside from just clean it.
With these easy tips on how to take care of your jewelry, those pieces are sure to last a lifetime and will surely make it to your family’s next generations. Gold, silver and particularly platinum are exceptionally solid metals which, when given proper care, can keep going forever. Jewelry made of these is not cheap so that’s all the more reason why you should take extra steps in making sure they’re well-kept and taken care of.